Thursday 23 May 2019

Unique DNA of Business

Not many businesses are successful and those that are have some thing unique about the way they do business. I consider a business professional successful, when they are free to brainstorm on things other than what they are currently working on.

I met one such group today and I have been thinking ever since, how do I make the business that I am into, a successful one. I observed that the group has strong and dedicated work force and work environment, they have thought of clear strategy as to how to handle the day to day operations. To come to this level they have been doing things differently. They are better networked and among the three partners the responsibilities have been clearly laid out. The set of employees that work under them are from low education background but very well trained on the product that they are servicing. The business model has been very well laid out and execution though they agree has significant scope for improvement, is very process driven.

Another such case I understood that is differentiating Asian Paints compared to other paint manufacturers in India is their dealership network and relationship, which has created a strong entry barrier for any new player with deep pockets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment